Ph.D (Biotechnology) work place: CSIR- Central Drug Research Institute and G.B. Tech. University,Lucknow (Awarded in 2011)
Topic: Isolation and characterization of antimicrobial metabolites from microbial isolates
M.Tech. (Biotechnology) from : Institute of Engineering and Technology, Lucknow U.P.Tech. University, Lucknow
M. Sc. Chemistry (Organic) from: Lucknow University, Lucknow
- Isolation and Characterization of natural antimicrobial metabolites and enzymes and their mode of action
- Biotransformation (biologically inactive compounds into active)
- Microbial Fuel Cell
- Drug designing
- Vineeta Singh, Bikram Banerjee, Diksha Katiyar, C.K.M.Tripathi Isolation and purification of antibacterial compound from Streptomyces levis. National Symposium On Innovative Methods in Chemistry Education (IMCE-2015). Lucknow University, Lucknow, Oct 8-10, 2015
- Vineeta Singh, Harshita Singh, Jyoti Verma, Ram Niwas, Akansha Srivastava Production and purification of an antifungal compound from Streptomyces xanthophaeus. 25th National Congress of Parasitology. CSIR-CDRI Lucknow, Oct 16-18, 2014
- Vineeta Singh, Vibha Kumari, CKM Tripathi. Isolation and evaluation of biological activities of microbial isolates National Conference on Bio Life: The Amalgamation of Multidisciplinary Life Sciences. SGPGI, Lucknow, U.P. March 09th – 10th, 2013
- Swati Singh, Arpita Batta, Maria Kulsoom, T. N. Dhole, B. N. Mishra, Vineeta Singh. Screening of common spices against multi-drug resistant Mycobacterium tuberculosis. International Conference on Functional Biology and Molecular Interactions: Applications in Health and Agriculture FEMI 2017 Lucknow University, Lucknow, Dec 20-22, 2017
- Vineeta Singh, Mamta Ganwar, Asheesh K Pandey, Deepak K Singh, Satyamvada Maurya, Khwaja Osama, BN Mishra, Application of statistical tools to enhance chitinase production from Streptomyces sp. 3rd International conference : New Frontiers in Biotechnology Science, Health and Medicine. Invertis University, Bareilly, Sep 22-24 2016
- Vineeta Singh, Mamta Ganwar, BN Mishra, CKM Tripathi. Studies on extracellular chitinase production from Streptomyces violascens. International Conference on Biotechnology for innovative applications, Amritapuri University, Kerala, August 10-14, 2013
- Vineeta Singh, C.K.M. Tripathi & Vinod Bihari. Optimization and purification of an antifungal compound from Streptomyces capoamus MTCC 8123. Current Trends in Drug Discovery and Research. CDRI Feb 17-20, 2007.
- Vineeta Singh, Tapsi Verma, C.K.M. Tripathi & Vinod Bihari. Production of antimicrobial compounds by the natural isolate of Streptomyces sp. 10th International conference of ISCB on drug discovery: Perspective and Challenges including symposium on infectious diseases. CDRI Feb 24-26, 2006.
- Vineeta Singh, Vandana Praveen, C.K.M. Tripathi and Vinod Bihari. Statistical optimization of antibiotic production by natural isolate of Streptomyces sp. International Conference: Microbiological diversity: current perspectives and potential applications. New Delhi April 16- 18, 2005.
As we all know that the emergence of drug resistance among the pathogens' creates the requirement of research for new therapeutic molecules. In this direction, I have started my research carrier as CSIR-JRF at Fermentation Technology Division, CSIR-C.D.R.I. During this tenure I have worked on "Isolation and characterization of antimicrobial metabolites from microbial isolates" and isolated two potential strains characterized as Streptomyces olivaceus and S. triostinicus from MTCC, Chandigarh. Biologically active compounds olivanic acid and actinomycins (Act V and Act D) were purified from S. olivaceus and S. triostinicus respectively. Various optimization techniques, artificial neural network (ANN) coupled with genetic algorithm (GA) were also applied to increase the metabolite production.
Further during my post PhD research experience as Young Scientist (DST) at Microbiology Division, CSIR-C.D.R.I., I have independently handled the DST project on “Isolation and characterization of antifungal peptides from natural sources. During this tenure I have also worked on Biofilms and enzymes having industrial importance. I also started the use of bioinformatics tools in the identification of targets of the purified compounds.
Currently I am working as Assistant Professor in the Department of Biotechnology, Institute of Engineering and Technology, Lucknow. Besides teaching actively involved in research in the field of secondary metabolite production, enzymes, bioremediation, biotransformation, microbial fuel cells, bioinformatics and nanotechnology.