B.Tech - Mechanical Engineering from College of Engineering Roorkee, Uttar Pradesh Technical University Lucknow) in 2007
M.Tech - Industrial Metallurgy from IIT Roorkee in 2009
Ph.D - Metallurgical and Materials Engineering from IIT Kharagpur on 12th February 2019
1. Academic - Assistant Professor (Contractual) in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, IET Lucknow from 31/08/2021 to till present.
2.Academic – Assistant Professor (Contractual) in the department of MME, NIT Srinagar (J&K) from 22 March 2019 to 31st March 2021 (2 year) 3. Academic – Assistant Professor in the department of Mechanical Engineering at Adani Institute of Infrastructure Engineering (AIIE) Ahmadabad from August 2016 to August 2017 (1 year) 4. Academic - Lecturer in the department of Mechanical Engineering at Buddha Institute of Technology (B.I.T) Gorakhpur from July 2009 to July 2010 (1Year) 5. Research & Academic – Worked as Research Scholar & Teaching Assistant in the department of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering at IIT Kharagpur from July 2012 to July 2016 during Ph. D (5 year). 6. Research & Academic - Worked as Teaching Assistant in the department of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering at IIT Roorkee from July 2008 to July 2009 during M.Tech (1 Year).
1.Materials & Metallurgy,
2. Physical Metallurgy, Material Characterization, Heat Treatment and Phase transformation
2.Nondestructive testing and Mechanical Testing,
3. Welding and Joining Processes
4. Manufacturing & Production Engineering
5. Electrical/Electronic Materials
I. Qualified Graduate Aptitude Test in Mechanical Engineering in 2006.
II. MHRD fellowship for M.Tech (2007-2009)
III. Institute Research fellowship (PhD) of Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, India, from 2010 – 2015.
I. Secured financial Assistantship from IIT Kharagpur to present my technical paper in international Conference “AISTech 2015 The iron and steel Technology conference and Exposition” Cleveland, Ohio, USA.
II. Secured financial Assistantship from IIT Kharagpur to present my technical paper in International Conference “Material Science and Technology (MS&T)-2014, Pennsylvania, Pittsburgh, USA.
Visited Cleveland, Ohio, USA to attend and present my technical research paper in AISTech 2015, International Conference (4th May to 7th May 2015)
Membership of Professional Bodies:
- Life Member of Electron Microscopy Society of India (EMSI)
• Life Member of Powder Metallurgy Association of India (PMAI)
• Member of Association for Iron & Steel Technology (AIST
• Member of the Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining (TMS)
• Member of International Association of Advance Materials (IAAM), Sweden
• Member of International Association of Engineers (IAENG)-(Membership Number
• Member of International Association of Computer Science and Information Technology (IACSIT)
FDP/Short term course/Seminar/Training attended:
1. AICTE sponsored short term course on 'Computational Fluid Dynamics and its Applications' under QIP Program, organized by department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Indore from March 26-31, 2021 (Online event)
2. QIP Sponsored Six days online short term course on "Materials Characterization Techniques" organized by department of Metallurgy Engineering and Materials Science (MEMS), IIT Indore from 22nd to 27th March 2021.
3. AICTE-ISTE sponsored Induction/Refresher program on “Sustainable Product Design and Manufacturing” organized by Department of Mechanical Engineering, Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University, Katra, Jammu held online during March 18-24, 2021
4. Six Days AICTE sponsored Faculty Development Program through the Short-Term Course on “Fundamentals and Advances in Powder Metallurgy” organized by Department of Metallurgy and Material Science, IIT Indore from 15th to 20th March 2021.
5. AICTE sponsored Two Week Online Faculty development Programme (Phase-I), on “Renewable Energy Intervention in Industry, Commercial and Domestic Application”organized by Department of Mechanical Engineering, Rajeev Gandhi Memorial College of Engineering and Technology, Nandyal - 518 501,Andhra Pradesh during 15th February 2021 to 27th February 2021.
6. One week AICTE sponsored Short Term Course " Smart Manufacturing and Meteorology" organized by the department of Mechanical Engineering from 22 to 27 February, 2021 at IIT Madras.
7. One week TEQIP Sponsored Online FDP on “Functional Materials for Engineering Applications” Organized by Departments of Physics and Chemistry from 15-19 February 2021 at B.M.S College of Engineering, Bengaluru.
8. AICTE Training And Learning (ATAL) Academy Online FDP on "3D Printing & Design" organized by department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Ropar from 1st to 5th February 2021.
9. AICTE Training And Learning (ATAL) Academy Online FDP on "Novel Materials" organized by department of Mechanical Engineering, NIT Patna from 2021-2-8 to 2021-2-12.
10. International Workshop on Design and Manufacturing of Composites for Engineering Applications, organized by department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Mandi from 1st to 5th February 2021.
11. 6 Days Short Term Course (Sponsored by AICTE – QIP) on “Advanced Technology in Materials Engineering” in the Department of Metallurgy Engineering and Materials Science from January 19-24, 2021 at IIT Indore.
12. TEQIP-III sponsored E-Training Program/Short term course on “Micro-Mechatronics and Soft Robotics” in the Department of Mechanical Engineering from December 21-23,2020 at IIT Indore.
13. One Week TEQIP-III Sponsored Online Faculty Development Program on Advances in Thermo-Mechanical Processing of Materials (ATPM-2020) during 14th-18th December, 2020 at College of Engineering Pune, Pune
14. TEQIP-III Sponsored E-Training Program/Short-term course on “Advance Energy Science and Technology” in the department of Physics from December 7-9, 2020 at IIT Indore. TEQIP-III Sponsored 5 Days STC on "Advances in Fatigue, Creep, Fracture and Failure Analysis of Materials" at IIT Indore from 7 Dec to 11 Dec 2020.
15. 6 days TEQIP sponsored Faculty Development Program on "Advances in Corrosion Science and Engineering" organized by Department of Metallurgy Engineering and Materials Science, IIT Indore from 21st to 26th November 2020.
16. Workshop on "Robotics System Design: Fundamentals, Challenges and Applications" sponsored by AICTE Training and Learning (ATAL) Academy during November 2-6, 2020 being organized by the Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Ropar.
17. 6 Days Short Term Course (Sponsored by AICTE – QIP) on Advance Materials for Structural Applications: Processing and Characterization organized by Department of Metallurgy Engineering and Material Science, IIT Indore, through online mode from
29/9/2020 to 04/10/2020.
18. TEQIP-III sponsored one week online short term course on "Future Scope in Engineering Materials and Tribology" held from September 15-19, 2020 organized by department of Mechanical Engineering, Dr. B. R. Ambedkar National Institute of Technology, Jalandhar.
19. FDP programme on “Green Technology and Sustainability Engineering (GTSE)” sponsored by AICTE Training and Learning (ATAL) Academy at NIT Jamshedpur from 14th September to 18th September 2020.
20. One week Faculty Development Programme on Green Energy: The Energy of Future (GEEF-2020)" held from 07/09/2020 to 11/09/2020 at Swami Keshvanand Institute of Technology, Management & Gramothan, Jaipur.
21. Online FDP event on "Renewable Energy: Research to Industry" at NIT Patna in association with Electronics & ICT Academy, from 22nd Aug to 6th Sep 2020 (Saturdays and Sundays, 6 days).
22. TEQIP Sponsored STC Course on "How to define Research Problems and Solving Methods in Sustainable Design, Manufacturing and Energy Engineering" at NIT Silchar from 24th August to 28th August 2020.
23. One Week Faculty Development Programme on Sustainable Technology - Innovation and Foundation for Future (STIFF-2020) organized by Department of Electrical Engineering, Haldia Institute of Technology, Haldia from 12-16th August, 2020.
24. Webinar series event of "Reminiscence - The Metallurgical Journey of 80 Years" organized by Department of Metallurgy and Materials Engineering, IIEST Shibpur from 20th July to 24 July 2020.
25. One week (Six Days) online FDP on “Control Applications in Renewable Energy Systems – Recent Trends and Future Aspects” organized by the Department of Electrical, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Invertis University, Bareilly, held during 22-27 June 2020.
26. Short Term Course on “Electron Microscopy and their Usage for NanotechnologyRelated Research Work” on October 3-10,2007, IIT Roorkee
27. Workshop on “ Turnitin Anti-Plagiarism Web Tool Training Session” on 8th January 2014, Central Library, IIT Kharagpur 2014.
28. Workshop on “"Scifinder and its new features” on 9th January 2014, Central Library, IIT Kharagpur 2014.
29. National Workshop on Web Scale Discover Services Single Window Access to
Library e-Resources on 10th January 2014, IIT kharagpur.
30. Workshop on "Turnitin: A tool for checking anti-plagiarism" Jointly organized by Central Library, IIT Kharagpur & M/s. iGroupInfotech India Pvt. Ltd. on 15th January 2015, IIT Kharagpur.
31. Workshop on "How to Write & Publish Scholarly Articles" Jointly organized by Central Library, IIT Kharagpur& M/s. Springer (India) Private Limited on 16th January 2015, IIT Kharagpur.
32. IPR Workshop: A Review organised by Technology Transfer Group, in association with the Sponsored Research and Industrial Consultancy (SRIC) and Rajiv Gandhi School of Intellectual Property and Law (RGSoIPL), on Wednesday, 28th Jan 2015, IIT Kharagpur.
33. A Two day workshop for Research Scholars on “PROTECTION OF COPYRIGHT AND PATENT” Organized by MHRD IRP CHAIR, IIT Kharagpur on February 21 & 22, [email protected] RGSOIPL.
1. Dinesh Kumar, “Nucleation and growth Kinetics in cold rolled TWIP steel” International Journal of Research in Mechanical Engineering and Technology (IJRMET Vol. 4), Issue 2, Spl– 2, May - October 2014, pp. 33-36.
2. Dinesh Kumar “Design of High manganese steels: Calculation of SFE and Ms temperature” the joint conference of “HSLA Steels 2015, Microalloying 2015& OES 2015” on November 11-13, 2015 in Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province, China. pp. 857-864.
3. Dinesh Kumar, “High Manganese steels - A promising material for automobile industry and structural application in future generation, AISTech 2015, The Iron & Steel Technology Conference and Exposition scheduled 4 -7 May 2015 in Cleveland, Ohio, USA, pp.2202-2207.
4. Dinesh Kumar, “To study the formation of ε and α' martensite in High manganese steels via deformation and transformation mode and its correlation with mechanical properties” MS&T 2014, October 12-16, 2014, Pittsburgh, PA, USA, pp. 273-279.
5. Dinesh Kumar, S. B. Singh “Structure-Property relationship in High Manganese steels” 2nd International Conference on High Manganese Steels 2014, 31August-4 September 2014, RWTH Aachen University, Aachen-Germany, L3-71.
6. Dinesh Kumar, “Twining Induced Plasticity steel – a promising material for automobile and structural application” , 23rd International conference on Processing and Fabrication of Advanced Materials (PFAM 2014), Conference Proceedings Vol.1,
IIT Roorkee, Vol. 2, pp.1057-1063
1. Dinesh Kumar, “ High Manganese steels - A promising material for automobile industry and structural application in future generation, AISTech 2015 The Iron & Steel Technology Conference and Exposition scheduled 4-7
May 2015 in Cleveland, Ohio, USA.
2. Dinesh Kumar, “X ray diffraction study on cooling rate induced γ → ε and γ →ε
→α΄ martensite Trnasformation in homogenized and forged in High manganese steels” , 52nd National Metallurgists’ Day (NMD 2014), on 12-15th November, 2014, College of Engineering Pune, Pune, India.
3. Dinesh Kumar, “Role of carbon on stabilizing austenite in TWIP steel and its effect on Microstructure as well as Mechanical properties”, International Symposium for Research Scholars on Metallurgy, Material Science and Engineering (ISRS 2014), on 11-13th December, 2014, IIT Madras, Chennai, INDIA.
4. Dinesh Kumar, “Effect of grain size on the formation of thermal martensite in TWIP steel during quenching test on dilatometer A/D 805”. International Conference on Electron Microscopy and XXXV Annual Meeting of the Electron Microscope Society of India (EMSI-2014), on July 9-11, University of Delhi, Delhi, India .
5. Dinesh Kumar, “Study of transformation behaviour of medium carbon Twinning induced Plasticity Steel” International Colloquium on Materials, Manufacturing and Metrology (ICMMM 2014), on 7-8th August, 2014, IIT Madras, Chennai, INDIA.
6. Dinesh Kumar,” Formation of Thermally induced martensite in high manganese steel” International conference on advanced materials and energy technology (ICAMET 2014), on 17-19th December, Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur,Howrah.
7. Dinesh Kumar, “Recrystallization and mechanical behavior of high Mn and low C cold rolled and annealed steel with TWIP effect”. 6thNational Symposium for Materials Research Scholars, MR-14" on 12-14th May, 2014, IIT Bombay.
8. Dinesh Kumar, “Effect of cooling rate on the formation of thermal ε and α’ martensite in Fe-20 Mn-0.35C-0.23Si TWIP steel and its correlation with mechanical properties”. International Conference on Materials and Characterization Techniques (ICMCT 2014), 10-12 March, 2014, VIT University, Vellore, India.
9. Dinesh Kumar, “Recrystallization, Nucleation and Growth Kinetics of Cold rolled and annealed TWIP steel”. 4th International Conference on Thermo- Mechanical Simulation and Processing of Steels (SimPro'16), R&D Centre for Iron and steel, SAIL, Ranchi, India.
10. Dinesh Kumar, S.B.Singh “Martenstic formation in medium carbon TWIP steel”. International Conference on Advance Functional Materials (ICAFM 2014), 19-21 Feburaray, 2014, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerla, India
11. Dinesh Kumar, S.B.Singh “The Kinetics of Isothermal Recrystallization Behaviour of Twinning Induced Plasticity steel”. International Conference on Materials and Characterization Techniques (ICMCT 2014), 10-12 March, 2014, VIT University, Vellore, India.
12. Dinesh Kumar, “Phase Transformation study on Medium carbon TWIP steel through dilatometer test”, International Conference of Young Researchers on Advanced Materials (IUMRS-ICYRAM 2016), on 11-15th December, 2016, IISc Bangalore India
13. Dinesh Kumar,“Calculation of stacking fault energy through thermodynamic model and its verification with the methods available in literature” Research Scholars & Alumni Symposium (RSAS 2014), 7th – 8th March, 2014, IIT Bombay
14. Dinesh Kumar, “A wide range of properties offered by High manganese steels for automobile and structural applications" National Conference on
Current trends in advanced materials (CTMat 2014)” on November 19-21, 2014 at VECC, Kolkata.
Dinesh Kumar, Chapter 107- Design of high manganese steels: calculation of SFE and Ms temperature, HSLA Steels 2015, Microalloying 2015 & Offshore Engineering Steels 2015: Conference Proceedings Published by John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Hoboken, New Jersey 2015. Also Published by Springer, Cham,