Dean, Research & Development and Industrial Consultancy,
Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow
- Doctor of Philosophy (Computer Science & Engineering), Indian Institute of Technology (BHU) Varanasi.
- Master of Technology (Computer Science & Engineering), Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur.
- Bachelor of Technology (Computer Science & Engineering), Harcourt Butler Technological Institute Kanpur.
My research work focuses on the areas of Pattern Recognition, Machine Learning, Social Media Analytics, Medical Image Computing and Biometrics. The aim of my research is to explore the knowledge of Mathematics, Artificial Intelligence, Cognitive Science, and Biological Sciences to provide solutions to the problems related to Machine Vision, Human Recognition, Healthcare Informatics, Prediction and Discover Knowledge of Real-World Events.
अब दिल की धड़कन से भी हो सकेगी मानव की पहचान Best Teacher Award - felicitated by Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University Uttar Pradesh on 5, Sep 2022.
Recent Activity - 1. Keynote Speaker in AICTE-MMMUT Sponsored FDP held on Artificial Intelligence using Tensor Flow (AITF-2022), 21 - 25, Nov 2022, MMMUT Gorakhpur.
2. Plenary Speaker in 2022 IEEE CIS Summer School on Emerging Research Trends in Computational Intelligence Techniques, 8 - 12, Nov, NIT Agartala.
3. Special Scientific Session held on 25 Nov, 2022 at CSED, IET Lucknow.
Dr. Yogendra Narain Singh is working as a Professor in the Department of Computer Science & Engineering at the Institute of Engineering & Technology, Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University, Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow, India. He graduated in computer science & engineering from Harcourt Butler Technical University (Formerly HBTI) Kanpur. He received M. Tech. degree in Computer Science & Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur (IITK) and PhD degree from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT-BHU), Varanasi. He has authored two books. He has to his credit over sixty research articles published in International Journals/ Conferences of repute. Dr. Singh is interested in the areas of Pattern Recognition, Machine Learning, Social Media Analytics, Medical Image Computing and Biometrics. He is the pioneer in biometric research, in particular, he developed the state-of-the-art biometric recognition system that recognizes individuals using a novel biometrics electrocardiogram (ECG). He is one of the researchers whose paper is selected as the best biometrics-related papers across the Elsevier journals in 2015.
PhD Research Fellows
Dr Radhey Shyam - Identifying Individuals by Combining Multiple Cues of Biometrics, PhD degree awarded (2017).
Dr Amrit Kumar Agarwal - Automated Face Recognition in Unconstrained Environment, PhD degree awarded (2020).
Dr Ranjeet Srivastava - ECG Pattern Analysis and Classification for Human Recognition, PhD degree Awarded (2021).
Dr Anita Pal - Biometric Evaluation of Physiological Signal Electrocardiogram - PhD degree Awarded (2022)
Mr Ashutosh Kumar Singh, Biometrics Template Security using Template Transformation - TEQIP Research Fellow, Institute of Engineering & Technology, Lucknow - PHD Thesis to be submitted (2015--).
6. Ms Sonam Srivastava, Social Media Analytics & Intelligence for Society Welfare - Homi Bhaba Teaching cum Research Fellowship Scheme, Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow (2019 --).
7. Mrs Namita Srivastava, Medical Image Analysis and Classification of Diseases for Smart Healthcare - Homi Bhaba Teaching cum Research Fellowship Scheme, Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow (2020 --).
8. Mr Praveer Dubey, E - Learning Research & Challenges, Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow (2021 --).
The candidates interested to do the doctoral research (PhD) in the areas mentioned above are welcomed. Briefly, my research philosophy has revolved around creating a difference while advancing human and societal needs. I endeavour the research problems that are important to all and searching for solutions to them is a matter of gratification...
For discussion about the research you may contact: singhyn[AT]gmail[DOT]com.
[Current Doctoral Research Vacancies - 5]
Open Challenges (#AIforALL)
We are ready to solve our day-to-day real-life challenges using Artificial Intelligence (AI)? AI refers to the intelligence of machines that perform cognitive tasks like thinking, knowledge acquisition, learning, planning, decision making and actions like a human being. It is an art of making machines to be intelligent so AI is computational intelligence.
NITI Aayog (GOI) has quantified the focus areas that are envisioned to benefit from AI in solving societal needs:
1. Healthcare - Accessibility and Affordability of Quality Healthcare
2. Agriculture - Transformation of Traditional Agriculture to Mechanized (AI-enabled) Agriculture for Increasing Farmers' Income & Productivity along with Waste Management
3. Education - Anywhere and Anytime Access of Quality Education
4. Smart Cities and Infrastructure - Efficient Operations to Control Urban Activities and Resource Optimization
5. Smart Mobility and Transportation - Intelligent Traffic Management for Speedy and Safer Transportation
Candidates are encouraged to work in these areas for the benefits of deploying AI at scale...[Continue reading]
A Singh and Y N Singh (2023), Cancelable Multibiometrics Template Security using Deep Binarization and Secure Hashing, International Journal of Pattern Recognition and Artificial Intelligence, vol./pp. TBA, Jan 2023.
R Srivastava, Y N Singh and A Singh (2022), Statistical Independence of ECG for Biometric Authentication, Pattern Recognition, Elsevier, vol. 127, July 2022,108640, pp. 1-14.
A Singh and Y N Singh (2022), Cancelable Multibiometrics using Random Projection and Fuzzy Quantization for Template Protection, Journal of Intelligent & Fuzzy Systems, vol/no. [TBA], Jan 2022, pp. 1 – 17.
A Pal, R Srivastava and Y N Singh (2021), CardioNet: An Efficient ECG Arrhythmia Classification System using Transfer Learning, Big Data Research, Elsevier, vol. 26, Nov 2021,100271, pp. 1-14.
R Srivastava, A Singh and Y N Singh (2021), PlexNet: A Fast and Robust ECG Biometric System for Human Recognition, Information Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 558, pp. 208-228, May 2021.
S Srivastava and Y N Singh (2021), Social Media Big Data Analytics: Security Vulnerabilities and Defenses, In Proc Int'l Conference on Machine Vision & Augmented Intelligence (MAI 2021), to be held on 11 - 14 Feb 2021 at IITDM Jabalpur, pp. TBA.
S Srivastava, M K Singh and Y N Singh (2021), Social Media Analytics: Current Trends and Future Prospects, Communication and Intelligent Systems, Lecture Notes in Networks and Systems, Springer, vol 204, pp. 1005-1016, June 2021.