To provide globally competitive, high quality human resource having expertise in area of Civil Engineering and contribute towards development of technologies and innovations appropriate to sustainable economic growth and enrichment of quality of human life.
- To attract, retain and nourish faculty and resource persons of international standards
- To admit talented and meritorious students and transform them into successful professionals
- To offer UG programs in cutting-edge technologies with updated curriculum at par with global standards.
- Enhance the doctoral programs research output, especially in refereed journals with citations.
- Upgrade and improve the academic infrastructure and ambience to nourish professional excellence.
- Create and optimally utilize advanced centers of studies for research, consultancy and demand-driven sponsored problem solving.
- Promote and foster partnerships and strategic alliances with industry, profession and social development agencies to effectively utilize faculty competencies and enhance synergy.
- Enhance and expand, beyond national boundaries, its contribution to the betterment of technical education and offer international; programs of teaching, consultancy and research.
The Department of Civil Engineering was established in the year 1985. In the ever changing scenario of modern day industry, the civil engineers are the ones who are bridging the gap between the normal civil engineers and the need of the modernization.
The Civil Department has a highly qualified faculty. The department has developed an excellence in various fields especially in the area of Transportation Engineering.The Transportation Engineering Section had carried out two AICTE, New Delhi sponsored Projects under the major scheme (Nationally coordinated Projects) in the area of "Urban Transport Environment Interaction" & "Road Traffic Safety" jointly with IIT Roorkee,PEC Chandigarh,MNIT Allahabad and University of Bangalore respectively.Prof N B singh also completed one TAPTEC AICTE project of Rs 12 Lacs in 2005. Earlier in the year 1990 AICTE had sanctioned Rs.17.5 Lacs for modernization of Traffic and Transportation Engineering Laboratory, & it is the only Laboratory in the UP Government State Colleges which has got Central assistance for the modernization. Dept. is being currently headed by Prof.N.B.Singh. Almost all technical members are Ph.D holder and have experience of more than 25 years. The Department of Civil Engineering is approved as STATE TECHNICAL AGENCY for Pradhan Mantri Gramian Sadak Yojana, by the Central Government and UP Government as well . Prof. J.B. Srivastava is the Coordinator & Prof. A.K. Shukla is the Deputy Coordinator of the PMGSY Scheme. Department carries out consultancy Project of work Rs. 1 crore/annum. Presently Department has sanctioned strength of Nine Faculty Member .The department has students intake of 60 students . Many of the senior faculty members are holding post of Deans/Associate Deans in Abdul Kalam Technical University. Department was given enough funds for up-gradation of labs by TEQUIP I and TEQUIP II.